Find your next apartment in Ho Chi Minh City on LivinginVietnam.com !
We have many modern style apartments for rent in Saigon. Furnished or unfurnished, with pool, pet friendly, cheap, luxury etc...
Introduction to property rentals in Ho Chi Minh City
Finding an apartment in Saigon to rent isn't really difficult. There are many!!. The challenge will be to find the ones that suits your family or yourself the best.
Many criteria can be involve, school location or facilities if you have kids, your lifestyle, your place of work and also your budget.
Not so long ago, most expats would find themselves perfectly happy with some apartments in old colonial buildings. Really cool but they often had poor maintenance and curfews. While still interesting (but also more difficult to find), expats would now look for more modern condos with professional security and resort style facilities, such as large swimming pool and well equipped gyms.
For you, newcomers in Saigon, you will find here a few good apartment buildings to consider whether it be close to the CBD or in the very cool neighborhood of district 2. Also, if you don't miss an opportunity to rent the best apartment in Saigon at the best price by checking our "special deals".
Renting an apartment - Step by step procedure:
We recommend that your prepare your home search in advance by consulting the many rentals options on this website. You will find a lot of information about the different condominium buildings, their facilities and location as well as why or why not rent there.
Once you are more familiar with the area you think could be good for you, you can use our search function to narrow down your options.
We will be happy to assist you anyway if you have any question.
CALL/Whatsapp: +84(0)9 0683 4183 (English, Francais) 2 weeks before or once arrived in Ho Chi Minh City
The search can be actually really fast, for some it takes just a few hours. You may want to book a short term accommodation for a few days.
Renting an unfurnished apartment: Assuming that your have already your work contract, all the paper work will be easy. The lease together with your work permit will be necessary for you to have a your furniture delivered.
Or a fully furnished condo: You will see on our website that we have made it easy to search for furnished apartment. While most owner consider it an investment and furnish their apartment basically, you will also be glad to see that some are really well equipped.
Renting an apartment in HCMC: A few things to know
Consider preparing a booking deposit, equivalent to a 1/3 of the rent you are prepared to pay. That will make the search more efficient as the best apartments can get rented very fast.
Also be aware that most lease are for a minimum of a year. Some short term accommodation is possible via serviced apartments if you just need to rent for a few months only.
Most apartment are fully furnished, partly furnished or unfurnished but equipped with appliances and curtains.
FAQ on renting an apartment in Ho Chi Minh City:
- Can I rent for a short term? Most of our lease are 1 year minimum. It is possible to rent an apartment for a shorter time but it will be harder to find or more expensive (Serviced apartment). Also, most real estate agents are paid if they can provide a long term contract.
- What happen if I break the lease before the due time? Usually there is a penalty over the deposit.
- What should I prepare? Copy of your passport and booking deposit.
- Are the rental price negotiable? Yes, there are a lot of apartments on the market. We can help you to get a good price on the apartment you have selected or propose you an alternative.
- Furnished or not? Most 1 or 2 bedrooms apartments are usually furnished. Some are really cozy with familiar designs you could find from home. There is also a very active second hand market on Facebook or plenty of furniture shops if you plan to decor your own place.
- What are the best areas to rent an apartment in Saigon? It will depend on your place of work, the school if you have kids or your lifestyle (Some areas have more restaurants, activities for the families than others). The main reason to be careful about the location is that the road traffic is now very bad here. Luckily, there are now plenty of modern buildings around HCMC where you can rent.