Livinginvietnam.com | Forum and Directory

PREV
NEXT
http://www.livinginvietnam.com/expats-community/modules/mod_image_show_gk4/cache/hanoigk-is-103.jpg
http://www.livinginvietnam.com/expats-community/modules/mod_image_show_gk4/cache/CentralVNgk-is-103.jpg
http://www.livinginvietnam.com/expats-community/modules/mod_image_show_gk4/cache/hochiminhcitygk-is-103.jpg

JOIN THE EXPAT COMMUNITY

• Hanoi and North Vietnam
  • Danang and Central Vietna...
  • Ho Chi Minh City and Sout...
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Visa policy now?

Visa policy now? 5 years 5 months ago #10577

• nickkerton
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Any experiences? I just heard that now you can extend your visa only one time. I have six months visa from Sihanoukville, extended once for three months single. I wonder if they extend it for three months again in HCMC?

Regulations seems to change every day... What is behind of this shit?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Visa policy now? 5 years 4 months ago #11064

• nickkerton
  • Junior Boarder
Just today I got info that they (Saigon Immigration Mafia) extended my visa again for three months. Praise for Buddha! Tomorrow I will go to pagoda and inflame some insects for them... cockroaches maybe...

Re: Visa policy now? 5 years 4 months ago #11071

• BMT
  • Thank you received: 24
There seems to be the usual confusion as to whether they are using the new 30-day rule or falling back on the old 90-day rule.

It seems it depends on your visa agent.

BTW, Sihanoukville doesn't extend visas, it only issues new visas. Big difference.

Sihanoukville is open 6 days each week and on Sundays if you use the right travel agent there.

Phnom Penh is so crowded with crooks you never know which way is up.They are still selling 1-year visas which are promptly knocked down to 6-months without them bothering to tell you, I met one guy who had big problems as he overstayed his visa by nearly six months because of this.

He retained a VN lawyer who pointed out he was originally issued a one year visa and the border guard had changed it. This one went to Ha Noi and the victim got his passport seized for 4 months whilst it was being dealt with and he never paid for the extra time!
In VietNam, never leave home without toilet paper.

Re: Visa policy now? 5 years 4 months ago #11073

• bluenz
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I'm wondering how many more times I can renew my visa, last week was the 7th time, taking me to 21 months without leaving VN, ( at 730,000 each time ), I thought I'd inquire about my 18 month old Permanent Residency application, ( last December if was practically all done ), but now ' its up to Hanoi ', no surprise really. Still its saved me plenty of VND and traveling time.

Re: Visa policy now? 5 years 4 months ago #11077

• BMT
If you have applied for a permit they will extend until application is approved or rejected. They always adbise your visa agent when it is the last renewal, they pot a 2-letter code on your visa!.

Re: Visa policy now? 5 years 4 months ago #11078

• bluenz
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I/wife deal direct with the Immigration,in Quang Ngai, I suppose they will tell us when it happens, it had been 6 months since we inquired.
When I first came to VN in mid 2009, I had a Category C1 on my visa, the next time, late 2009, early 2010, it was a B3, ( but if this means Business, then they gave me the wrong one ), then again early 2010, back to C1, every one since has been a Category C2.

Re: Visa policy now? 5 years 4 months ago #11082

• BMT
Small provinces are much easier to deal with.

Your B visa most likely was a multi-entry biz visa. Handy to have.

Re: Visa policy now? 5 years 1 month ago #11687

• nickkerton
  • Junior Boarder
BMT wrote:
Phnom Penh is so crowded with crooks you never know which way is up.They are still selling 1-year visas which are promptly knocked down to 6-months without them bothering to tell you, I met one guy who had big problems as he overstayed his visa by nearly six months because of this.

Does anyone know reliable company in PP which makes one year visas? I would not bother to travel to SV and sit in a bus 10 - 12 hours...

Re: Visa policy now? 5 years 1 month ago #11692

• THN
  • Fresh Boarder
Why just do it the easy way, get the form stamped by the police office were you belong / living, and bring it to immigration office in Nguyen Du street, deliver it to the officer in the Office room across the main entrance at the corner there, 2-3 day's before the visa expire, then pic it up a week later with the extension stamp inside and pay the $10 in fee????

have done this the past 3 years now and have had no issue at all.Even i have 5 year blue visa i have to do this every 3 mnd if I'm not have been outside VN.

Re: Visa policy now? 5 years 1 month ago #11694

• BMT
I have a name and have a copy of the 1 year visa they had issued.

Attachment XXVisa01chop.gif not found

I have the original 'unreadacted' copy - but it contains private data.

Send me your e-mail address; if you post here use the hide feature (8th function icon from right.

Re: Visa policy now? 5 years 1 month ago #11699

• nickkerton
  • Junior Boarder
THN wrote:
Why just do it the easy way, get the form stamped by the police office were you belong / living, and bring it to immigration office in Nguyen Du street, deliver it to the officer in the Office room across the main entrance at the corner there, 2-3 day's before the visa expire, then pic it up a week later with the extension stamp inside and pay the $10 in fee????

have done this the past 3 years now and have had no issue at all.Even i have 5 year blue visa i have to do this every 3 mnd if I'm not have been outside VN.

I am not married with Vietnamese.

Re: Visa policy now? 5 years 1 month ago #11700

• THN
  • Fresh Boarder
you don't have to be married to do this way , mate.

Re: Visa policy now? 5 years 1 month ago #11701

• nickkerton
  • Junior Boarder
THN wrote:

I do not have that five years visa exemption. And every month stamping is not option to me becoz I am not living in HCMC. And now my police station do not stamp that "pink book" longer than my visa is valid, so my landlord shoud go every month to do that stamping. Too much hassle so that´s why I would like to get that one year visa.

Immigration in Nguyen Du do not do visa extensions normally. I have tried it two times already. They just ask you to go a travel agency becoz they want their tea money.

The info I have got is that now immigration do only two extensions (max. three months), after that you have to travel out from VN. But things are changing all the time and it also depends where you live etc.

Re: Visa policy now? 5 years 1 month ago #11702

• THN
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Again, well am living in HCMC, and if you have any hazel with your extension etc then call me or Skype me.
sending as hidden text:Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Visa policy now? 5 years 1 month ago #11703

• nickkerton
  • Junior Boarder
THN wrote:
Hi Again, well am living in HCMC, and if you have any hazel with your extension etc then call me or Skype me.
sending as hidden text:Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Ok, thanks. I know my situation on the next week.

Re: Visa policy now? 5 years 1 month ago #11704

• BMT
nickkerton wrote:
... I do not have that five years visa exemption. And every month stamping is not option to me becoz I am not living in HCMC. And now my police station do not stamp that "pink book" longer than my visa is valid, so my landlord should go every month to do that stamping. Too much hassle so that´s why I would like to get that one year visa.

Immigration in Nguyen Du do not do visa extensions normally. I have tried it two times already. They just ask you to go a travel agency because they want their tea money ...
It is simple to register the Pink Book, once you know the Cong An place to do it.

You take your passport and the Pink Book in, they have you complete a bi-lingual form (like a hotel registration form) then they copy the info in to your Pink Book, copy it in to their duplicate Pink Book and after a flurries of stamping and signing you are out in 4-10 minutes. No fees, no bribes. (Get an extra copy of the form and you can photocopy it - leaving the visa dates blank.

If you have an ID or Permit, a new registration causes your 'dossier' to be requested from your last place. When I travel between BMT and HCM I always register afresh ... they don't know where my dossier is now! I am permanently booked into my hotels.

Their huge computer system hasn't figured I'm sleeping in three places every night.

Re: Visa policy now? 5 years 1 month ago #11715

• BMT
@nickkerton
Please repost your E-M, I copied it and then it disappeared somewhere in my crowded RAM!

Tnx.

Re: Visa policy now? 5 years 1 month ago #11716

• THN
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi again.
I typing my email. Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

All small letter, and let me know what you have, and what you need in your request.
That makes it easy to get the thing you need.
BR. THN.

Re: Visa policy now? 5 years 1 month ago #11721

• nickkerton
  • Junior Boarder
BMT wrote:
@nickkerton
Please repost your E-M, I copied it and then it disappeared somewhere in my crowded RAM!

Tnx.

My mail: Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Visa policy now? 5 years 1 month ago #11764

• RSANate
  • Fresh Boarder
THN wrote:

Hi there,

I've just joined the forum, and have read all your comments regarding the Visa renewel.

I'm a South African, just returned to Viet nam, and only managed to get a 3month single entry visa on arrival.
I have a vietnamese daughter here, but am not married as yet. I want to stay longer. Do you know how I can change my 3 month to a 6 month single entry? Perhaps you know of a way, or if it is possible?

I used to have the 6month visa a couple of years ago, on my old passport, but now with system change, it seems they don't issue it to South African's anymore.

Any help would be good. I will try the Nguyen Du street way, and get the forms tomorrow.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.418 seconds

Protected by R Antispam